WHY WORK WITH US:
We offer a unique career development opportunity, and a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Work directly with the CEO of the company
- Learn the ins and outs of running a business –exceptional business experience
- Considerable leeway in decision making and helping to run the organization
- Be on the ground floor of a prodigiously growing organization
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and senior management
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Schedule flexibility
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media Web Platforms
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Day to day activities include the following, while others may be assigned.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with board members, senior management, staff, and others on matters related to the CEO’s plans and directives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure.
- May include personal travel 10%-15% of the time.
About Xyon Client - Workplace Safety and Compliance
San Diego based corporation, has developed several brands that assist Small Business Owners, HR Professionals and Large Corporations with HR, labor laws and safety regulations and solutions. They are experiencing sustained, fast growth and the CEO needs a key player for the organization; a Strategic Assistant – Chief of Staff.