Sr. Project Engineer I – California-Anaheim
Must be a US Citizen – no exceptions
Are you an independent self-starter, project engineering leader with a change agent philosophy who is seeking to be a part of a growing engineering team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Look no further, our client has the opportunity for you!
In the Senior Project Engineer I role, you will be responsible for the technical success of the project output within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. You will provide the technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with project and technical requirements in the field of AC and DC Power Conversion and protection. Additionally, you will be responsible for continually introducing and institutionalizing improvements to the project engineering discipline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for bringing new products or product enhancements to market and managing the entire product development life-cycle. Leads the engineering team from requirements and concepts through design, integration, and verification/validation. Additionally, responsible for design transfer to manufacturing and the support of manufacturing and field service.
- Drive good development engineering processes by employing best practices such as lean product development, Design for X (DFX), Six Sigma concepts, product life cycle management, and systems engineering.
- Project Management
- Lead detailed technical WBS definition, cost, and technical schedule creation
- Manage day to day technical aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities. Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering.
- Lead activities to define system architecture and associated technical requirements
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements (e.g., CONDR, SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, peer reviews)
- Lead definition of technical development plans (e.g., HW Development Plan, SW Development Plan, Integration Test Plan)
- Lead development of the Technical Risk Register
- Lead efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing.
- Lead efforts for defect tracking and correction
- Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house).
- Work with functional management to obtain and manage proper engineering staffing
- Manage engineering budget and evaluate engineering Estimate to Complete. Identify to the Program Manager any cost growth and reasons for growth.
- Lead technical efforts for customer upgrade requests and issue management for released products
- Proposal Development
- Lead technical WBS definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and technical schedule creation
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal technical approach and content
- Engineering Development
- Introduce methodologies and tools to improve project engineering excellence
- Provide change agent leadership to implement improvements to project engineering excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in related Engineering field from four-year college or university. Advanced technical degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of related technical experience and/or training.
- At least 7 years of project, technical or program leadership.
- Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment development preferred.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in the full life cycle of hardware/software products from concept to production including system architecture, requirements, design implementation, integration, and verification/validation.
- Strong understanding of good development engineering processes such as lean product development, Design for X (DFX), Six Sigma concepts, product life cycle management, and systems engineering
- Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
- Strong command of project engineering and development process best practices
- Outstanding written communication skills. Technical proposal management experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
Demonstrated ownership of tasks from cradle to grave, a “driver/go-getter” mentality, effective time management skills, and the following traits:
- Change agent
- Good human relations skills
- Can-do attitude
- Independent self-starter
- Team player/Collaborator
- Effective multi-tasking
- Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client located in Anaheim, CA, is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.
Our client offers a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages that includes a 9/80 work week schedule, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase plan, health and dental plan, 401K, December holiday shutdown, and other benefits.
About Xyon Client - worldwide leader in power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions.
Worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.