PROJECT ENGINEER II – California-Anaheim
Must be a US Citizen – no exceptions
Are you an independent self-starter, project engineering leader with a change agent philosophy who is seeking to be a part of a growing engineering team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Look no further, our client has the opportunity for you!
In the Project Engineer II role, you will be responsible for the technical success of the project output within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. You will provide the technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with customer technical requirements in the field of AC and DC Power Conversion and protection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive good development processes and engineering practices
- Project Management
- Lead detailed technical WBS definition, cost, and technical schedule creation
- Manage day to day technical aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities. Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, peer reviews)
- Lead definition of technical development plans (e.g., HW Development Plan, SW Development Plan, Integration Test Plan)
- Lead development of the Technical Risk Register
- Lead efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing
- Lead efforts for defect tracking and correction
- Work with functional management to obtain and manage proper engineering staffing
- Manage engineering budget and evaluate engineering Estimate to Complete. Identify to the Program Manager any cost growth and reasons for growth
- Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house)
- Support technical efforts for customer upgrade requests and issue management for released products.
- Bachelor’s degree in related Engineering field from four-year College or University.
- At least 5 years of related technical experience and/or training.
- At least 2 years of project, technical or program leadership.
- Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment development preferred.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
- Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
- Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client located in Anaheim, CA, is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.
Our client offers a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages that includes a 9/80 work week schedule, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase plan, health and dental plan, 401K, December holiday shutdown, and other benefits.
About Xyon Client - worldwide leader in power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions.
Worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.