Principal Field Service Engineer I – California-Anaheim
Must be a US Citizen – no exceptions
In the Principal Field Service Engineer I position, you will provide a variety of high-level comprehensive engineering services to customers in the field under limited supervision. You will be required to work on high-powered electronic equipment in an industrial environment, aboard ships, as well as commercial facilities. You will be required to perform emergency and scheduled maintenance and assist in the removal and installation of customer equipment. You may be required to troubleshoot equipment down to component board level. Must be able to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and installation drawings. Must be computer literate and operate basic Microsoft Office programs. You will be required to provide written detailed reports and may be required to travel frequently for extended periods. Familiarity with Nuclear Navy Principals and regulations is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility will be the troubleshooting, repair, installation, and maintenance of our equipment with emphasis on products supporting Nuclear Navy.
- Must be able to provide field service support bringing new products or product enhancements to market as well as the entire product development life cycle. Supporting member of engineering team from requirements and concepts through design, integration, and verification/validation.
- Lead field service activities (e.g. verification/validation activities, field change instruction development, tech manual development and markups) in the support of engineering projects or programs.
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, tests, and alignments to other equipment. This includes analog circuitry, digital circuitry and appropriate mechanical adjustments.
- Apply electronic theory and knowledge to perform operational tests, gather data, analyze faults, and perform repair/upgrade on other equipment.
- Perform and/or assist in the installation of customer equipment and on site acceptance/functional testing.
- Provide technical guidance and training to customer personnel on all products.
- Support development of training courses on theory and operation of power equipment as required.
- Complete and submit trip reports, expense reports, and any other associated paperwork covering activities in the field.
- Responsible for proper preparation prior to responding to any field effort, including but not limited to; travel requests, security information, checking of test records, installation records, required tools, and any previous modifications.
- Assist with special reports, engineering changes, failure analysis and any other requirements for product improvement and quality.
- Responsible for following all proper safety requirements.
- Travel and/or relocate from assigned territory as required.
- Improve current knowledge of state-of-the-art components and new products.
- Performs other duties and functions as required.
Monitor/Assess the performance of self, production workers, test technicians, or other Field Service Engineers on a field team to make improvements or take corrective actions. Enforce client and customer policies and regulations. May be assigned to a team as the Lead or as Quality Inspector.
- Graduate of Nuclear Power School (ET or EM) with relevant experience in power generation and distributions systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience troubleshooting or maintaining power generation and distribution for critical systems.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience with troubleshooting and repairing power generating and distribution systems.
- Must have experience and/or training with digital and analog circuitry as it applies to power equipment. Previous high-voltage equipment experience is desired.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting relying on technical data, empirical means as well as theoretical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to set up various test equipment and evaluate the data to use as a troubleshooting aid.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, specifications, blueprints and other engineering data.
- Must be physically able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, move auxiliary equipment on casters, lift and carry heavy parts and sub-assemblies, and be able to perform the above duties indoors and outdoors during inclement weather.
- Must be very attentive to details.
- Willing to relocate and travel worldwide on short notice.
- Must possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong decision making ability and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the following traits:
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Team Player
- Independent self-starter
- Must be able to obtain a DOD “Secret” clearance and a U.S. passport.
- Must be able to successfully complete assigned department qualifications necessary for field service activities. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to drive a rental car.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client located in Anaheim, CA, is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.
Our client offers a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages that includes a 9/80 work week schedule, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase plan, health and dental plan, 401K, December holiday shutdown, and other benefits.
About Xyon Client - worldwide leader in power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions.
Worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. The company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers.