Serve as liaison between user community and Information Technology department. The Senior Developer will work closely with key department users to improve business processes through the efficient use of technology solutions. He/she will focus on gaining in-depth understanding of day-to-day business processes and how to leverage the internal change control processes to implement technical solutions to business issues. While development and coding will be the major focus of the position, the Senior Developer will also manage internal and external technical resources to ensure we are designing and developing quality solutions using structured development life cycle methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business processes
- Have an in-depth understanding of business processes in multiple departments.
- Work with department managers to understand how processes work across multiple departments.
- Work closely with department managers to understand changing business requirements.
- Be proactive in proposing technology changes to positively impact business processes.
2. Development of Information Technology solutions
- Develop high-quality solutions that meet ever-evolving business needs
- Work closely with resources within Information Technology Team and outside development resources to provide guidance and best practice on technology
- Work closely with user community to apply Information Technology and business knowledge to streamline business processes, correct issues and advance Information Technology assets.
3. Manage Development
- Mentor junior team members to increase team knowledge around development and day-to-day
- Train new team members, as required, in the fundamental skills necessary when developing for the Dynamics 365
- Work with user community to clarify the details behind issues and/or
- Provide technical support to outstanding issues when
- Understand pending requirements in order to prioritize to provide greatest ROI to the business.
4. Recommend changes to existing business processes and / or software
- Proactively and independently assist the user community in the evaluation of business processes and technology to ensure processes and technology meet changing
- Document user requirements when new technology or changes to existing technology is
- Identify opportunities, research and propose technology that will improve and/or streamline business
5. Document user requirements and technical changes
- Work with user community to fully understand and document requested changes and
- Work with user community to functionally design enhancements that are thorough, efficient and cost
- Provide technical knowledge and specifications to internal and outside development resources to help guide towards the optimal business solution.
6. Test and approve software changes
- Maintain system integrity by adhering to internal system development processes and procedures.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing solutions for Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365.
- 3+ years of experience developing with X++.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management skills to set priorities and manage projects and support tasks simultaneous using shared resource pool.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- Experience leading and managing external development resources to deliver quality solutions on time and within budget.
- 2+ years of experience developing manufacturing / supply chain web solutions.
- 2+ years of experience training and mentoring other development resources.
- Experience developing solutions for the Dynamics 365 platform, including the use of Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services and Lifecycle Services.
About Xyon Client - Apparel Manufacturer
Will cover relocation plus up to a $12,000 bonus! Salary $105,000 - 110,000.