Are you a test engineer who can break the applications everyone else has passed? Have you built a test framework capable of testing the most complex distributed enterprise systems? If you understand the relationship between Gherkin, Cucumber, SpecFlow and Selenium this may be for you.
Relocation will be considered!
An exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic test engineering team within the reverse logistics space awaits you within our client’s Supply Chain Division. Join a dynamic test engineering team where you apply sound test engineering and quality assurance principals to break integrated software solutions guiding our development team to focus on the delivery of quality software products.
Our client’s supply chain systems process over 1B transactions per year for a face value of over $6B. If you want to be part of a team building highly scalable distributed systems using SaaS and Azure technologies then you want to join our client’s team. They take pride in building the best systems, being leaders in their business and having fun while knocking that out! Our client is looking for team members who feel the same. Is this for you?
Under minimal supervision of your manager, a Sr. Test Engineer performs work assignments as a part of an Agile SCRUM team in one or more of the following areas: using test frameworks, writing scripts to automate testing, write/maintain code to test application functionality, availability and accessibility, and provides application engineering teams with the tools necessary to ensure comprehensive code coverage.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Lead the test engineering effort for a given application engineering team from planning and organization to execution and delivery by developing effective test
- Develop automation frameworks and implement test suites and tools
- Design, architect and effectively implement test automation patterns aligned with Continuous Integration and Agile incremental testing and delivery
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other test engineers
- Responsible for non-functional test engineering aspects g. performance, integration, service, data and regression testing
- Organizing, augmenting and enhancing traditional quality assurance team members and processes e.g. building a test strategy that combines manual testing with automation of repetitive tasks
- Make recommendations to Application Engineering teams that will drive the adoption of effective unit testing, defect prevention strategies, and the development of a culture of
Must Have Requirements:
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in relevant field or comparable industry experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, which includes building testing frameworks, implementation/utilization of tools and automation within an enterprise and cloud environment
- C# and Selenium
- Strong understanding of the Agile development process
- Strong programming and scripting capabilities
- Experience with writing automation harnesses to test SOAP and REST API
- Experience querying and manipulating data within databases to prepare test data for test cases and support database testing
- Experience in managing code in source control, labeling, branching and merging
- Familiar with Agile test methodologies and tools, writing test plans, creating test cases, debugging and defect
- Strong experience testing Microsoft technology based enterprise applications
- Strong team communication skills are required as part of an Agile team environment. Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all business levels and a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Strong experience applying object oriented principles through programming and
- Excellent familiarity with Windows or *nix based environments including shell
- Experience with database testing by using SQL queries and the ability to write joins and
- Familiar with web or mobile application layered architecture
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Cucumber (Gherkin)
- Selenium (Web Driver)
- xUnit, nUnit
About Xyon Client - Supply Chain Software Analytics
Outstanding Software Supply Chain Analytics Company. Benefits start with 4 weeks PTO first day followed by outstanding healthcare options and work from home Tuesdays!